Camilla Simpson is an Integrative Psychotherapist registered with The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and a celebrated expert in addiction therapy and humanistic approaches to healing. Armed with an MSc in Addiction Psychology and Counselling from London Southbank University, Camilla's diverse training equips her to customise therapy to cater to each patient's unique needs and preferences.
With a compassionate and non-judgmental approach, Camilla empowers her clients to confront and overcome their challenges, believing that therapy serves as an opportunity for personal growth and life's meaning exploration. Her therapeutic goal extends beyond symptom alleviation to helping individuals rediscover their inner strengths and restore self-worth and purpose. Camilla's expertise lies in addiction therapy, providing a secure, confidential space for those battling substance, behavioural, and sex addictions, along with disordered eating. Employing creative techniques, she aids patients in comprehending their addictions, crafting coping strategies, and discovering a life beyond addiction. Her holistic methodology considers the mind-body connection, equipping patients with the tools to manage cravings and intrusive thoughts independently.
Camilla's expertise extends beyond addiction therapy to encompass humanistic therapy, focusing on personal potential, free will, and self-discovery, with the client at the heart of the treatment process, helping them harness their strengths and uncover life's meaning. She seamlessly integrates diverse therapeutic theories and techniques to aid clients in pursuing goals. Furthermore, Camilla guides emotional intelligence and life purpose, empowering clients to explore their authentic selves and lead more satisfying lives, firmly believing that self-awareness and inner growth are vital for enhancing mental well-being.
Camilla creates a warm and supportive therapy environment for her clients, fostering a space for open expression. With expertise in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Positive Psychology, and Humanistic Therapy, she collaboratively develops personalised treatment plans. Camilla prioritises a holistic approach to care and frequently collaborates with medical professionals to ensure comprehensive treatment. Her unique approach includes incorporating her love for music and nature into her practice to support her patients' healing journey.
Camilla is dedicated to helping her patients rediscover joy and hope, emphasising empowerment and healthier, more fulfilling lives through therapy, drawing on her strong foundation in education and training.
Professional Qualifications and Certifications:
- Registered Integrative Psychotherapist with The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- MSc in Addiction Psychology and Counselling from London Southbank University.
- Psychotherapy qualification from Regent’s College, London.
- Certified in several psychotherapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Positive Psychology, and Humanistic Therapy.
- Certification in Psychological Interventions for Obesity from the National Centre for Eating Disorders (2020).
- Completed Positive Psychology Training at the Positive Psychology Masterclass with Miriam Akhtar (2020).
- Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) from the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (2016).
- Training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills from the British Isles DBT Training Institute (2016).
- Humanistic Training from London Southbank University (2012).
Camilla Simpson's extensive education and certifications demonstrate her commitment to providing high-quality therapy services and her ability to tailor treatment plans to meet each patient's unique needs.